Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A MILE LONG DELAYED SMILE!

Feels like it has been long that you didn’t sit under the sky at night, counted stars and cherished some lived moments. I have just been too busy writing emails and blogging.
I deliberately took a vacation of a few days when my Mom agreed upon visiting me to Bangalore for the first time in like 5 years ALONE. And I shut my computer in the evenings. Really, I did!

Suddenly, it felt like I am living a day cherishing the small things. Couldn’t imagine how beautiful and loving moments I could spend with her. I was actually confused and tensed. But, I truly felt like writing something unfashionable. It is still tough to realise the fact that you have grown up, especially when you are spending time with mom. She is someone who will always be meticulous. She will take good care of you and treat you like a 4-year-old girl. Writing this just can’t stop my mile long delayed smile.

The best part is when you talk- talk about your neighbours from the street, talk about some distant cousin’s marriage or about YOU! Oops. So, she knows my age. She knows that I am not 17 anymore. She knows that she has to change topics of discussion smartly. That’s when it struck me. Time had changed from asking about what dress do I like to what guy do I like!







Well spent Mother's day. 
Images via weheartit.com
Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Your post made me smile ,especially the part when the topic of discussions have changed so much over the years.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post ! I know, moms have that extra special sense to know when their little girl has grown up :)

    http://www.sunkissed-style-file.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that makes me book ma tkts..to catch up ..:)

    ReplyDelete

what do you have to say?