Monday, December 12, 2011

TEAPOTS WITH A TWIST

British Silversmith David Clarke is known for re-creating the existing things with a twist.

RE-DECORATE; RE-FUNCTION; RE-APPROPRIATE; RE-DESIGN; RE-COMBINATION; 
RE-DEFINE

All the original teapots are purchased from ebay, where clarke notes: 'I only bid on the most unwanted, most unloved; the ones closest to the [garbage] bin. I only buy the one that no one desires. I want to give them a new start in life, a second chance. they come to me; I study them, handle them; I cut them almost surgically, with precision, accuracy, and focus. at this point they are released from their history; they are free to start afresh.'

This recent series of modified teapots has been exhibited in  ornamentum gallery during miami design week 2011.

Cool! I would have painted them in quirky colors if I could buy any of these! 
Recently in a flea market I saw those colorful teapots!
sources linked.
ADDED SUBSTANCE IN BETWEEN

MIND THE CURVE

CLOSE TO MIRROR

I THINK THE MIRROR 

OUT OF VOID

LONG LONG TRAIN



AND THESE ARE THE ONES I SAW AT THE FLEA MARKET! AREN'T THEY CUTE?

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you have to say?