Friday, July 22, 2011

RAW TREASURES

source : the find
source
source
source
source
source
source
source: An Indian Summer
source: artnet.com
source
THESE RAW TREASURES...
It was years ago I visited my grandma’s house in a village called ‘Runija’. Well, I did not like the place then. All I could figure out was hens tickling my legs, vehicles passing by with a bash of dust all over the sky and no cosy chairs to relax on! And now, I never go there, well that’s cause she stays with us.
I did not know my love for fashion and lifestyle would make me love my grandma’s place today. Now I can recall all the beautiful things I missed to appreciate. Her collection of antique utensils, the thick wooden doors, the fat trunk and the giant wooden cupboards now seems so rich, raw, and beautiful over the ceramic crockery, the sleek plain closets and drawers, the glass centre-table at my home.
My next action shall be treasuring some of her articles to create raw spaces in my house. They seem so outstanding the way they are. Haven’t you been looking over the pricy stuff that they sell in the antique stores around? Well, why waste your money in those un-emotionally attached non-ancestral items when you can easily access these raw treasures with a little efforts and a little money!
How lovely these spaces look holding raw treasures and you have memories attached to them...! Ah..So vintage, so charming!
I am in love with the sewing machine make-over.Then, there are cupboards and trunks and the use of old mirrors...Either go with a raw wall or the raw treasures or both, they speak for themselves! Living room; outdoors, corridors, corners of houses..Wherever it suits you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you have to say?